Wednesday, January 11, 2012

YOU!

       I keep saying, "I wanna be famous", "I wanna be independent", "I wanna be filthy rich"! Blah blah blah... And i was telling this to a friend of mine the other day, he just said: "Everybody wants the exact same things, Mon"


      Not that i wasn't aware of it, but when he said that, I actually thought to myself: "You've got shitloads of competition, darling! Its not only you whose got ambitions.". Then i started doing the math in my head, which gave me an extremely HUGE number and that definitely dampened my spirits! When it's so difficult to make your mark in your own college, how hard would it be to compete with people who've got the exact same ambitions like your's from million other colleges? Huh! That feeling can be so depressing and feels like a whole of 1000 tonnes of weight on your head.


      Well, i tried comforting myself then. I realized i was thinking of what OTHERS want and what THEY'd do to get what THEY want! My focus shifted from MY ambitions to THEIR's.. Its so much like the feeling after examinations when we start cribbing over our friend's set 'cause it was easy! Why don't we evaluate our performance on our own set instead of imagining how well we would've written the exam if we got his/her set? Well, simple! I'll tell you, it's human tendency! All we do is COMPARE!


       Mum usually says, comparison is good! And that, a wise person will compare him/her-self with someone better than him/her, when he/she wants to grow and to keep him/her-self grounded, will compare him/her-self with someone better than him/her! How true! 


        Sometimes, the right attitude is all it takes, It's all within YOU! Just the way you look at things matters. The choices you make, define who you are and who you will be! 
Believe in yourself! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment