Monday, September 30, 2013

Life- A walk on the beach

                    Did you ever have to make a BIG decision in life? Something that could probably play a major role in defining your life, in defining where you’d go and what you’d be. An important decision. Yes? Okay. And have you ever been in self doubt? Doubted your own choices? I guess, that’s a yes too. Happens to most of us. We willingly come to a conclusion and then question our own choices.

              One day I made this very casual decision (casual for me, not for my family). I decided to study abroad. I was super fascinated by the idea of leaving the country and living independently. Some unknown force pulled me towards the idea and compelled me to do so. Well, after a crazy turn of events, here I am. In the US of A. Away from home, away from family and maybe one step closer to my dreams.
                     
                A new place, a new beginning, new friends, new home, new life. So yeah, coping with all the new-ness, I decide to take a quiet walk to the nearby pond. Millions of thoughts in mind, innumerable memories, several unanswered questions. All these colliding with each other in my head, one thought leading to another and that one taking me to some faint memory hidden at the back of my head. An idle yet occupied mind does that. This topsy-turvy thought process, got my thoughts choking on a similar day like this when I was walking along the beach.

Our life is so much like a walk on the beach..

                The waves reaching for the shore but refusing to kiss it, the sunset, the breeze. There is beauty in everything around us. In fact, we are surrounded by the magic of the universe. Maybe we are just too blind to notice it. ‘Cause our search for unknown things never ends. We are always in search of  something. Most of us are on a wild goose chase. We don’t know what we’re looking for and those who claim to know what they want, do they really know? We just look around aimlessly, not able to define our search and letting go of a lot of precious things in this process, hoping to find something more valuable. In life, we ignore the people who chase us and chase those who ignore us. Weird.
                    
                That evening at the beach, it was getting dark after the sunset, but there was light, I could almost kiss the stars for shining so bright. The beauty of the beach begged me to stay a little longer. I knew it was pointless but it was beautiful and I couldn’t resist the overwhelming urge to gaze at the waves. I was so lost in the sound of the water gushing at the shore. But I had to walk back.

                Few decisions in life are hard to make. The most difficult ones are to choose between what you WANT and what you NEED, when to hold on an when to let go, when to say yes and when to say no, when to go ahead and when to stop. Surprisingly, there isn’t a right or wrong answer to all these questions. Your choices define your path. You set your priorities and you know what’s important for you, when.
                Like, I could just sit back at the beach and gaze at the beauty that surrounds me or I could conveniently walk back.

               No matter what you decide for yourself, YOU ARE RIGHT. Don’t repent. Don’t cry over the spilt milk. You can’t go back in time and change anything, so just go with the flow. Don’t fret.

              Just keep walking. Life is a never ending shore, you can’t see the end of the shore now. There’s a long way to go. You don't know when you'll stop, so put your best foot front each time. Walk along.

4 comments:

  1. Too good !! I really like u r writing skills !! U will definately go places !!!Good luck !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. really Monisha has amazing writing skill.........awesome.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Appreciate this blog. Keep writing..!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete