Thursday, January 6, 2011

One fine morning....

            It was the day after Diwali... I was sulking! Well, that's coz I had a stupid lab external to attend which is why i couldn't enjoy the crackers and I called myself "Eco-Friendly"! :P
           Hmmm.... I was walking to my bus stop, like evry other morning. On the way, I noticed a man who was sweeping the road! Poor guy!We people liter stuff all over the road... like papers from the crackers that most of us burn and people like the man i saw have to clean it up, neverthless, for us to dirty it all over again!
           Well, that day I don't know why I felt like smiling at him and also thought i coulad actually wish him a happy festival. Then i waited for him to look at me and when he did, I said "Happy Diwali..!". I still can't forget the way his face lightened up.... He smiled back and politely replied "Happy Diwali, beta!".... Awww.... After that day, every morning i looks at him, he smiles back and it lightens up my day....
           I don't know what's so exciting about me wishing an unknown person on the road but it feels so nice when i think of it... :D

9 comments:

  1. SO TRUE!! nobody ever realizes that everything that you just throw away does not just vanish by itself, somebody somewhere cleans it. People are lazy to clean their own room and think about cleaning a whole mess after Diwali. It was really nice of u to say that to him. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I jst felt i shud do it.. n i did! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa spandy... hw true! U definitely do miss being here, don't u?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet !! .. :).. Keep the Great work on.. :)

    ReplyDelete